• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing new DX4 Printhead cables

fastsigns366

I just purchased 6 new DX4 printhead cables for my SC 545EX...had to replace an intake manifold and dampers so why not cover my bases and start replacing 6 yr old cables...however I can't find anywhere in the Service Manual on how to replace the printhead cables...any assistance would be appreciated..

macmedia

If you changed the dampers, you should be able to easily change the cables too.... Just carefully pull the cable straight up from the head. Start with the rightmost head and work left. Note the cable orientation (where the tin leads face (right or left at the head----and top or bottom in relation to the carriage board) so that when you put the new ones on, they are facing the same direction.

Insert the cable straight in when inserting - so you don't get a crooked connection that would short out the head board or printhead.

fastsigns366

I know how to remove from the print heads, but how are they installed in the top carriage area...do they slide in or are they pin based...I removed the top cover and plastic cover but haven't yet changed out the cables as of yet...