• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing new media

vladio

I'm new to the 5500 and apperently missing a manual or disc.

I have a small pocket guide, was there another manual or cd that came with these printers? If so, is there a downloadable version/copy available? I'm reading in the pocket guide that there's a cd but I didn't get it. I think I'd like to have it if possible.

Thank you,
Joe

vladio

It appears as though HP doesn't want me to be able to feed media backwards either. I would do a print sample on the right side of my encad, let it dry then feed the paper back and print another sample next to the previous print. It worked well without wasting a ton of paper. The HP only will feed forward.

signswi

Almost no machines print backwards. If you want to use it twice like that print it on the left side and then the right side (just change the side alignment in your rip).

That's usually pointless though, just nest two jobs in the rip and do it in one pass...

vladio

Almost no machines print backwards. If you want to use it twice like that print it on the left side and then the right side (just change the side alignment in your rip).

That's usually pointless though, just nest two jobs in the rip and do it in one pass...

I'm definitely not trying to print backwards just feed the media back. This is something that I've done on the encads with no problems. Just trying to get the paper back to its starting position.

vladio

um release the media hold down thingies and pull the material back...

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was doing. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong that was keeping the media from feeding back. It will feed forward as much as I like and feed back but only to the initial point.

Thanks again.