• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing New profiles to colorChoice

deegrafix

Hi!

Can anyone tell me how to install a profile into ColorChoice 4.5V2? I just converted my CJ500 to 1100 mild solvent, and it's printing fine, but I want new profiles since the existing ones are for waterbased. We have built a profile for 3M ij180-CV3 using X-rite, and can't get Color Choice to accept it. It will see it as an input ICC but not output.

Help!

Dee

sfr table hockey

I had similar problems but I was using another companies ink and the standard profiles were not working. I made a profile with the xrite xtreme and could not get it to accept it. It will load it to a point but not let you bring it up as an output ( like you said)

I never got a for sure answer on being able to make custom profiles for it but I had to get another rip that would let you use xrite profiles.

I originally had thought I was going to be able to use colorchoice but so far I think not.

Just to try other profiles you could use the SC500 profiles and see if any are close.

If you set up colorchoice as a SC500 it will load those profiles for you and you can then use the CJ 500 with that setup. I even tried that with the water based inks to see if it would help but for those inks the magenta was still too strong. It did print the colors slightly different though.

Neil

I had that problem with my FJ50 and an older version of Colorchoice. I was able to successfully use my own CMYK profiles, but it didn't recognize my CMYKLcLm profile.

deegrafix

Thanks for the input. The only answer I could get was to use CMYK profiles, as stated. What other rip would work? I sure don't like ColorChoice...

On the plus side, the printer is working on a paying job, (printed and contour cut photo tex 40 peices) and is doing a great job at it! I'm so happy to have a solvent printer! Woohoo and thanks to Solvent Printer Conversions for the kit and support and George from Professional Signs, who changed out the parts.

We'll get the profiles figured out, I hope!

Dee

CARVER

I have a converted fj50 to mild solvent and need some help with profiles willing to pay by paypal for any help Thanks

sfr table hockey

If you want to try something, set up your rip (Colorchoice or what ever you have to use) with your printer as a SC500. This will give you solvent profiles. Find a WTBM super and start with that. Heat settings as well as quality of vinyl all makes a huge difference. Also all your input settings will change things.

First what are you using to Rip with?

Colorchoice will not let you use made profiles or anything other than Roland profiles.

A good matte vinyl will print real nice where as some cheaper gloss vinyl will give a pebble look as well as pool the ink.