Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing or Anchoring into Blacktop

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Signsforwhile, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Signsforwhile

Signsforwhile Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
    We've made a large sign frame out of PT 2x4's. It stands on its own but needs to be anchored into blacktop. I've never had to anchor anything into blacktop, what are my options?

The footprint of the sign is 5'x6', so there is plenty of room to use whatever anchoring is recommended.

Tags:
  2. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    We have drove round fence poles into the blacktop with a special pole driver before when we put up our car lot, I would say something like this is necessary, but may be pricy to rent unless you have a buddy in the fence or rental business.

3. Steve G.

Steve G. Member

You can Drive solid steel stakes through it. If it's tough, pre drill with a hammer drill using a bit smaller than the stake. Drive the stakes on a slight angle.

Or, lot's of sand bags on top.

4. Liquid GraphX

Liquid GraphX Member

Apr 11, 2006
    A good way is to go to your local rental place that rents big tents they usually have the spikes and equipment to help you out. If they rent the big tents they know how and what you will need.