• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing or Anchoring into Blacktop

Signsforwhile

We've made a large sign frame out of PT 2x4's. It stands on its own but needs to be anchored into blacktop. I've never had to anchor anything into blacktop, what are my options?

The footprint of the sign is 5'x6', so there is plenty of room to use whatever anchoring is recommended.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have drove round fence poles into the blacktop with a special pole driver before when we put up our car lot, I would say something like this is necessary, but may be pricy to rent unless you have a buddy in the fence or rental business.

Steve G.

You can Drive solid steel stakes through it. If it's tough, pre drill with a hammer drill using a bit smaller than the stake. Drive the stakes on a slight angle.

Or, lot's of sand bags on top.

Liquid GraphX

A good way is to go to your local rental place that rents big tents they usually have the spikes and equipment to help you out. If they rent the big tents they know how and what you will need.