• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Phototex over existing 3D Embossed wallpaper?

strypguy

Hello,

I've been asked to quote a wall mural using Phototex. They asked if it could be successfully installed over existing wallpaper that to me looks like an embossed type. I know I can test a piece but wondered if anyone has done this already. I suppose doing a test is still the best answer?

My second question is about pricing. I don't do a lot of these larger ones so I was wondering what others are charging per sq ft to print and install this material. I use an eco solvent printer. You can pm me if you prefer not to post it to everyone.

Thank you and I appreciate any help. John

MikePro

phototex high tack should be your best option, I'm sure they would love to send you a sample piece and you can see how well it sticks. Good luck with pricing, however, as there are a lot of variables not listed in your OP. Never hurts to blurt out $15psf, & work from there depending on scale/material/setup time/whatyourtimeisworth.

CL Visual

Phototex has a permanent product I believe that may work better for you. If going over anything that is not the intended substrate, I will not warranty my installation based on those premises. Make sure client is fully aware and mark it on proposal and have them initial that line. Also, I charge about $10-$15 a foot depending on square footage. Most of my jobs like that are around 1000 square feet so I don't run into the "minimum job cost" too often.