• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Plastic Sheets in the Wind

OlsonSigns601

So we've got 23 mph winds today, we got two 4' x 10' sheets in a sign about 16' feet up in the morning, but had to come back because it just got to windy to put the 5' x 10' sheets in that go above them. 20' up.

I would think using two buckets would come in handy so that you could hold both sides of the sign, but we've only got one bucket truck so it does make it a challenge.

Right now we plan on being back at 6am tomorrow when the winds are suppose to only be 6mph.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to install plastic when its windy.

Normally we don't even risk it, but the guy that bought these signs, wants them for a potential buyer to buy the building and if we've been told if we can't have them in by tomorrow, he doesn't them. Gotta Love Rich people, but hey a job is a job and we're going to get it done... just wish I didn't have to get up that early tomorrow.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Yeah, either two buckets and/or a couple of helpers on the ground with guylines.

OlsonSigns601

Got it up at about 7 this morning...

Used a wench attached to our bucket to lift it up.

Thank god, no wind and it slid in like butter.

It wasn't the thunderstorms that kept me up last night, it was worrying about getting this sign up on time knowing that if we didn't the most I'm going to get is down payment.

Attachments

• PlasticSheetSigns.jpg
    PlasticSheetSigns.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 40