• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Printers on Onyx for the First Time

Bought Onyx and now I'm working on setting up printers on the RIP. Running Windows 8 and having a tough time getting the RIP to recognize my Epson 9900 printers. I have the IP address from the printers loaded into the configuration setting for the RIP and its set to <9100> for the mode. The RIP will try sending the job but then just gives a generic print failed warning. I have also installed the Epson printer drivers that came with the printers and I can see that they are set up with an IP setting in Windows... anyone have any ideas?

Also...I have some vinyl that I would like to cut on my graphtec. It is just a normal cut job on Oracal 631, not a RIP/Print job. How do I send just a cut file to Cut Server? Not sure how to do this. The users manual is only talking about Print/Cut jobs.

Thanks in advance,

FrankW

The user manual is only talking about Print/Cut-Jobs because this is the only thing which can be done with Onyx and the CutServer. If you want to to print and cut-jobs in one software onyx is the wrong choice.

Does the printer work with the printer drivers which are coming with the printer? Shure you have set the correct IP-Adress? Could be a problem with the firewall too.

The computer that has the RIP installed must be on the same LAN, in the same IP Range as the printers. The simplest way to check this in Onyx is to use the 'test' button on the configure printer screen - see attached.

If the test button fails, it means that the printer and RIP cannot communicate with each other for some reason. It could be for one of many reasons, including incompatible Anti-Virus software, wrong address defined, firewall, physical cabling, bad port, etc.

Attachments

• ConfigScreen.jpg
    ConfigScreen.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 130
The issue was the IP address. I purchased these Epson 9900 printers used from another local printer. They had an odd IP address set in the printers that I put into Onyx. I ended up reinitializing the printers IP back to the manufacturer settings -- put that into Onxy and BOOM -- it worked.

Thanks for the suggestion. It saved me from throwing the computer out of the window..:)