• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Sign to Corrugated Wall

HulkSmash

Hey Everyone,

I'm routing this sign out of 6mm Di Bond, spraying it pink, and then applying an automotive clear over it. My question is, how would you go about installing this. It's on a corrugated Facade. I was thinking about stud mounting, but not so sure how effective that would be. Anyone out there have any better ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Blo Sign.jpg
    Blo Sign.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 61

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess this is an obvious question, but what's behind the corrugated substrate ??

Can you get to it ??​

Cute sign.... kinda sounds like half a song I know by Red Peters............:omg:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
If you're ONLY wanting to go through the corrugated, I would think stud + VHB + silicone. I'd drill the holes so the studs fit snugly.

If you can determine the fascia material behind the corrugated, I'd keep the studs long enough to reach into that and still use VHB and silicone, just to be sure.

HulkSmash

I guess this is an obvious question, but what's behind the corrugated substrate ??

Can you get to it ??​

Cute sign.... kinda sounds like half a song I know by Red Peters............:omg:

lmao. Customers design, i'm just fabricating.

Yeah, it's just centerblock behind it. That is just an "aesthetic"

HulkSmash

I'm going to Drill a large pilot hole.(.25 inch gauge bolts) off the studs.

Stud mount with 100% Sillicone. Set it with VHB.

Thanks !