Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Sign to Corrugated Wall

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Coloradosigns, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Hey Everyone,

I'm routing this sign out of 6mm Di Bond, spraying it pink, and then applying an automotive clear over it. My question is, how would you go about installing this. It's on a corrugated Facade. I was thinking about stud mounting, but not so sure how effective that would be. Anyone out there have any better ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I guess this is an obvious question, but what's behind the corrugated substrate ??

Can you get to it ??​

Cute sign.... kinda sounds like half a song I know by Red Peters............:omg:

3. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    If you're ONLY wanting to go through the corrugated, I would think stud + VHB + silicone. I'd drill the holes so the studs fit snugly.

If you can determine the fascia material behind the corrugated, I'd keep the studs long enough to reach into that and still use VHB and silicone, just to be sure.

4. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    lmao. Customers design, i'm just fabricating.

Yeah, it's just centerblock behind it. That is just an "aesthetic"

5. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I'm going to Drill a large pilot hole.(.25 inch gauge bolts) off the studs.

Stud mount with 100% Sillicone. Set it with VHB.

Thanks !