Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing sp300 drivers

Discussion in 'Roland' started by shaunie44, May 2, 2019.

1. shaunie44

shaunie44 New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    nottingham uk
    trying to install drivers for roland sp300 using windows 7 64 bit , printer working etc but comes up other device tried installing drivers from roland site but get a error message module in use any ideas please

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I think the last OS they made SP300 drivers for was XP. And probably 32 bit. I don't know if you'll be able to use some compatibility mode or not. You may need to get an older computer to print to that printer.

Good Luck

3. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    Which rip software do you use?

4. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    Why did you ask RIP software? shaunie44shaunie44 asked about Roland driver

5. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    The rip software must support the driver of your printer.

6. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    That's built-in RIP printer driver, not relative printer driver for Windows.

7. Jim Hill

Jim Hill Active Member

What you should do is convert your SP-300 to an SP-300V and then you can use windows 10 if you would like and you also can use VersaWorks software which has the drivers you need included with it.

Another plus is it makes your SP-300V worth more money when you go to sell it someday.

My SP-300 used to run on windows XP with ColorRip software but I do not believe there are any driver updates for ColorRip past XP

If you do a search on the site for how to convert an SP-300 to an SP-300V there are a number of tutorials and that is exactly what I used to convert mine.
    You will need to get a copy of VersaWorks which I found online and it does take a few hours but it's well worth your time.

Jim