• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

installing sp300 drivers

shaunie44

trying to install drivers for roland sp300 using windows 7 64 bit , printer working etc but comes up other device tried installing drivers from roland site but get a error message module in use any ideas please

Joe House

I think the last OS they made SP300 drivers for was XP. And probably 32 bit. I don't know if you'll be able to use some compatibility mode or not. You may need to get an older computer to print to that printer.

Good Luck

Jim Hill

That's built-in RIP printer driver, not relative printer driver for Windows.

What you should do is convert your SP-300 to an SP-300V and then you can use windows 10 if you would like and you also can use VersaWorks software which has the drivers you need included with it.

Another plus is it makes your SP-300V worth more money when you go to sell it someday.

My SP-300 used to run on windows XP with ColorRip software but I do not believe there are any driver updates for ColorRip past XP

If you do a search on the site for how to convert an SP-300 to an SP-300V there are a number of tutorials and that is exactly what I used to convert mine.
You will need to get a copy of VersaWorks which I found online and it does take a few hours but it's well worth your time.

Jim