• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Versa Works on new computer with Windows 7, HELP

TNT

I have a new computer with windows 7. I have been tring to instal Versa Works 1.2.1 which I got with my SP300V 10 years ago. I also have a XC540 I have ran of of versa works as well. I have tried installing it and doing each up date to get to 5.2 which I am running on my old computer, but I keep having one issue after another. I have struggled with tis for over a week. Does any body have any suggestions?

reQ

Just contact roland and tell them that your disc does not install nicely and you can't run VersaWorks. I think they will give you the link to download newer version.

player

I installed it on w7 from a disk with 1.0. As I recall, there was a right click option to run in XP mode or some type of compatibility setting that let me install it properly.

karl moik

do you have a myRoland-account? to make one you need the serial number of your printer. I do not know the us site, the european link is http://myroland.rolanddg.eu. In this account you have various downloads (no, VersaWorks directly). but you'll find there email addresses they may help you. maybe it will work with it.

TNT

I Have logged on to my roland account with both of my machines. That is where I got my updates. I will try to find a roland tech today and contact them. My tech retired a couple of years ago. I believe I need to start with a newer version of versa works.

player

I Have logged on to my roland account with both of my machines. That is where I got my updates. I will try to find a roland tech today and contact them. My tech retired a couple of years ago. I believe I need to start with a newer version of versa works.

I did not. I used, as I stated, version 1.0 in 2014 on a new W7 professional pc.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just installed Versaworks 4.0 on a windows 8 system and had no problems. I know you can download the upgrades on Roland's site but I'm not sure if they want you to have it installed already or just need a disc to validate the install. Here is the link to the download: Roland

DonutSlinger

You can purchase an up to date Versaworks on CD from your print supplier . I have one with version 4.2 I believe and it was $25. I am running windows 8 64bit with versaworks and no problems.

LittleSnakey

Instead of opening versaworks and updating through the program, go to the online update program in the start menu under roland versaworks.
I have had to install some of the updates that way when installing from the old cd that came with the printer.
I have a new computer with windows 7. I have been tring to instal Versa Works 1.2.1 which I got with my SP300V 10 years ago. I also have a XC540 I have ran of of versa works as well. I have tried installing it and doing each up date to get to 5.2 which I am running on my old computer, but I keep having one issue after another. I have struggled with tis for over a week. Does any body have any suggestions?

TNT

Ive done that. What happens is Versaworks comes up with a message when opened. It comes up with a message. Fail to load language resources. THen when it tries to do the automatic update it comes up with, Exception occurred ErrorCode: 0.