• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

instant one media..pretty darn good!

gnatt66

Just wanted to give a shout out to Instant one. I finally had them ship me a roll of Vinyl/lam slit in half for my baby vp300i. It prints GREAT and don is amazing to deal with. the lam is like a "semi gloss"? nice finish. contour cuts no bleed better than IJ35c. lays down better too, plus removable. PERFECT race car material by far...

Just wanted to give a shout out to Instant one. I finally had them ship me a roll of Vinyl/lam slit in half for my baby vp300i. It prints GREAT and don is amazing to deal with. the lam is like a "semi gloss"? nice finish. contour cuts no bleed better than IJ35c. lays down better too, plus removable. PERFECT race car material by far...

I'm on my first roll and have only tried to remove something once. Did not work at all. Everywhere there was ink left a ton of adhesive (though it was a snap to remove with Rapid Remover).

Otherwise, it's been very good. Prints well. Applies well.

gnatt66

i just removed some numbers i had on a car temp. for like a month. one easy pull got them off. no residue.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are really liking the IOM materials. Easy to install, prints well, some defects but not major. Laminate is really plasticy looking on the rolls but once mounted it looks great.

We have successfully laminated many materials including Coroplast and Scrim with it and it holds well and looks great. This is a great product for the price point.

The couple oddities we have noticed are on two rolls of laminate the left and right edges had about .5" of no adhesive and half of laminate rolls had white liners and the other half had yellow liners and a slightly different thickness and feel. The one thing we really like is the liner doubles as a perfect template for wraps and odd shapes for design.

Donny7833

I've been really happy with the print quality I'm getting on the gloss vinyl. Actually prefer it over IJ35.

If I had one complaint, it would be the liner. That's where the price difference is as compared to Oracal or 3M.

As long as the material is running through the machine, no issue. Let it sit in the printer for more than a few minutes before printing and you'll get buckling. You need to advance until you get material fresh off the roll. Definitely not a material you leave sit in the machine if only printing jobs here and there. My solution has been to print full rolls if possible, or cut the material at the back of the machine when done printing and roll it back up. Saves a couple feet. I know it's pretty economical media, but over the course of a roll, it adds up.

Regardless, I've run about 6 rolls to date. No print issues, no install failures, no noticeable shrink. All in all, a darn good media.

I've used the lam as well. Gloss is real good, matte is nice, but more of a textured matte. If a client has been used to receiving 210 matte, that's what they get. New clients get the Instant Media matte. No complaints so far.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Donny, I run this on a Latex and we are not experiencing any buckling issues. We always leave the material loaded and leave it at the pinch rollers until use (then we feed it to the cutter line when ready to print).

Donny7833

I'm running on Seiko M64 and W64 printers. I would imagine the heat and tension of the over/under roll webbing is helping on the latex? I didn't have a chance to run any through my L26500 before I sold it, so can't tell you if I would have the same results on that machine.

The M and W have a straight in path from the back of the roll. The pic I included shows the media after sitting in the machine for about 2 hours this morning after a quick print. I would usually cut it and re-roll, but got side tracked. This doesn't happen with any other film I have in house. I have Oracal 3651 loaded in the W64 that sat overnight and looks perfectly flat. All stock acclimated, temp and humidity in the shop is pretty consistent at 72 +or- 3 and 35 +or- 5, year round. Heat settings on both machines are 42 Pre 40 Print and 50 Post.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 85

rdmdarr

I'm running on Seiko M64 and W64 printers. I would imagine the heat and tension of the over/under roll webbing is helping on the latex? I didn't have a chance to run any through my L26500 before I sold it, so can't tell you if I would have the same results on that machine.

The M and W have a straight in path from the back of the roll. The pic I included shows the media after sitting in the machine for about 2 hours this morning after a quick print. I would usually cut it and re-roll, but got side tracked. This doesn't happen with any other film I have in house. I have Oracal 3651 loaded in the W64 that sat overnight and looks perfectly flat. All stock acclimated, temp and humidity in the shop is pretty consistent at 72 +or- 3 and 35 +or- 5, year round. Heat settings on both machines are 42 Pre 40 Print and 50 Post.

I have the Seiko W64S too and I get the same buckling....First container that I ordered from had the clear backing, no buckling, this batch does. I thought it was my machine doing it.

Chimuka

It printed well for me, but I tried contour cutting and the material wondered on a Summa 1400. The pinch wheels gouged out some of the soft backer.

FatCat

Just finishing printing a full roll of matte as I type this...

Good media, prints well, but the backer is constantly causing issues (head strikes) even on high position with our Mutoh Valuejets. As was said, if you can start it and let it print it's fine, leave it sit for a few minutes and it will start to warp/buckle and then we have to advance it about 3-4 feet to where the backer hasn't absorbed extra moisture from humidity in the air. Really is a pain and I hate wasting material, but for the price nothing else can touch it even with wasting about 10-15% of the roll when you're running batches of small jobs.

*BTW - we do have our print room air conditioned and it still happens...I wouldn't dare try to run this in a non-AC environment with high humidity. Although I will say we had far fewer problems over winter when the air was dryer/cooler. If they could get the backer issue resolved with a slightly better material this stuff would be perfect!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We do a lot of contour cutting for our Fair Clients and this material cuts much better on our GCC Jaguar-IV then IJ35c. Does the Summa have a pressure setting for the pinch rollers? You might have the pressure too high causing the tracking and tearing issue.

Chimuka

We do a lot of contour cutting for our Fair Clients and this material cuts much better on our GCC Jaguar-IV then IJ35c. Does the Summa have a pressure setting for the pinch rollers? You might have the pressure too high causing the tracking and tearing issue.

I think the pinch wheel pressure is not easily adjusted on the Summa. To be fair I was flex cutting.