Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance brokers!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by gabagoo, Oct 8, 2010.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I am not sure I understand what an insurer broker does.
    I always felt that they were supposed to work with different insurance companies and get you the best rate. I must be wrong as it seems all the insurance I have is with the exact same insurance company. This includes home / car and 2 business policies.
    How can they get the best rate from one source?

The business policy is in the companies name, therefore it has no discounts associated with my personal insurance, or I would think that.

Yea so u guessed it, they are raising my rates on the cars by $500.00 and I have no convictions.... they just want more money. To leave the company means I lose the discounts on home and biz. Bloody frustrating.

Tags:
  2. dwt

dwt Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Start shopping...and let your agent know you're shopping. They might change their tune if they know you're unhappy.

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Insurance companies pretty much have a license to print money, by law you have to have insurance, but there are no laws in place governing how much is "reasonable" to charge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEp5yc-g3A

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Canadian insurance....LOL!

5. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    My insurance company couldn't give 2 s**ts if i'm happy or not, they have all price fixed their rates to each other, odd how every quote I get is within $5 a month for auto insurance.