• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Insurance for small Business owner

quicksigns

Is there a group insurance for us sign maker to save a few bucks? I heard somewhere back that there was a group saving, but cant remember where. When I worked for General Electric about 12 years ago, I only had to pay $10 (single) a month on full coverage, but now I own my own business, is there something out there that we can get as a group to save some bucks?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You might want to check out joining one of your local credit unions. They often have a group plan for members.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try your local 'Home Builders Association'... or check with your local 'Chamber of Commerce'.

steve b

Obama will cover you for free as long as you are not working ;)

Try Kaiser if you have them near you.

steveb

gnemmas

Us too are counting on Obama. We will happily accept the Medicare now instead have to wait for another 5 years (to be 65) to qualify.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
bust obama's chops all you can, but the reality is something has to be done.

it's outragous how much i pay for health insurance....

gnemmas

Unions, Government workers have so called "Cadillac Coverage" that cost upwards of $12,000/yr, income tax free. We had small group, me & mrs., cost $950/mo for a basic HMO. Went on line to ehealthinsurance.com for a quote for individual policy for us, cost only $560/mo for an PPO.

The catch is they won't take you if you have any pre-exist conditions. Wife had eye surgery last year, disqualified. Have to wait after one year to be accepted. I am paying $290 for that PPO now.

They charge more for group because they have to accept every one. So if your are healthy, try ehealthinsurance.com for a comparison.

Give me Universal coverage!