• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

interessing appliation table

bigben

I was looking at different options for an application table and found this one. It's interesting that you can stand at one end of the table and have a motorised lamination process with a pedal. Price is not too bad either. Does anyone know a similar product offered in north-america?
http://lamidesk.cz/

CanuckSigns

That looks very light weight compared to the ones I'm used to seeing.

I agree even our rolls roller basic model looks like a sherman tank compared to that. I would be worried about it bowing in the middle over time. I do like the motorized roller though, that is a cool add on and would be very useful.

bigben

That looks very light weight compared to the ones I'm used to seeing.

I agree even our rolls roller basic model looks like a sherman tank compared to that. I would be worried about it bowing in the middle over time. I do like the motorized roller though, that is a cool add on and would be very useful.

If you go on their website, they have a "beefier" version. And they go up to 16ft long.

But I'm mainly show this for the motorized part that is very interesting.

CanuckSigns

If you go on their website, they have a "beefier" version. And they go up to 16ft long.

But I'm mainly show this for the motorized part that is very interesting.

In the video it shows the roller being moved by a tiny little belt, I'm not sure how long that would last, I know some vinyls release off the backer liner better than others, but we have some that need considerable effort the roll the roller forward when mounting, Hexis is the worst for this i've found, I don;t think that little 6mm wide belt would be up to the task, a worm gear would be better.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I can't picture how a foot pedal controlled table would really work. Don't you have to move along with it to pull the backer off?
FWIW, I bought a china table, it's heavy, relatively inexpensive and works fine. Honestly, I dont think these things are anything special and a cheap laminator with a feed table works just as good. They're talked up so much that I was expecting something earth shattering.