• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interesting phone conversation

CanuckSigns

Just got off the phone with a guy calling from another engraving shop

him: how much are lapel pins?

me: how long is a piece of string?

him: huh?

me: i need to know a bit more info before i can quote, i need size, quantity, number of colours, finish style etc.

him: i donno, what's the cheapest one you got.

me: the cheapest plastic 1 colour pin is $x.xx, but to be honest it shows, it looks like chit. I need the artwork in vector format or i would need to charge you to convert it.

him: what's vector?

me: really? I thought you said you were in the industry! (i explain what vector is)

him: do I need to buy some fancy program for that? how much is it?

Me: Yes, Illustrator is about $1500, Corel is about $800

Him: silence...

Than he has the nerve to ask if the prices I quoted for the pin include his "wholesale discount" lol since he is reselling them, aparently i have to make less money off the job lol.

It's been one of those days!

Custom_Grafx

Similar phonecall last week... told him he needs to hire a graphic designer or industrial designer to consult with him to address his special needs in order to avoid potential disappointment with the final product.

For once, he actually sounded like he understood and appreciated the advice.