• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interesting Quotes

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's hard to believe that people in the sign business are posting quotes on white letters with a light background! Even better, editing a quote so that no one here is offended. Is that really a Quote ?

Would you be so kind as to point out to which post(s) you're referring. Most of those that I've posted have already been created as images and as far as I know have really been quoted from the person to whom they have been attributed. My purpose in posting them is not to impress anyone with my own designs ... rather to amuse and/or provoke thought.

Jeremiah

Would you be so kind as to point out to which post(s) you're referring. Most of those that I've posted have already been created as images and as far as I know have really been quoted from the person to whom they have been attributed. My purpose in posting them is not to impress anyone with my own designs ... rather to amuse and/or provoke thought.
Fred, I think your thread is great , thank you. I did. not say anyone here created the white letters on light background or change a word or 2 in quotes, but someone along the way did. There are over 200 posts in this thread. Thanks for the thread ..

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, I think your thread is great , thank you. I did. not say anyone here created the white letters on light background or change a word or 2 in quotes, but someone along the way did. There are over 200 posts in this thread. Thanks for the thread ..

You threw me off because you referred to people in the sign business. Pretty much all of what has been posted were simply saved and uploaded to this thread from websites dedicated to showing quotes made by famous people. I doubt that any were created by sign people and I think they're pretty much unedited to avoid offending anyone.

Glad you like the thread.

Jeremiah

Sorry, I deal with people every day that pick color combos that are hard to read. One altered quote one way or another is w c fields with bull or bullshit . ( who knows what is the real quote) but quotes in this thread are fun anyway.

signage

Sorry, I deal with people every day that pick color combos that are hard to read. One altered quote one way or another is w c fields with bull or bullshit . ( who knows what is the real quote) but quotes in this thread are fun anyway.

This quote came off a quote website, I did not change anything! I have heard it both ways, are you sure which way it was done by Mr. W.C. Fields?

Johnny Best

My quotes, #16 and #69 were created by a sign person and not copied and uploaded as most of them were. Fred and signage need to use the quote, "the guilty always try to defend themselves", I made that quote up, just thought it was fitting.

twmiller24

"I like it better that way."
One of our longtime customers who just retired, when anything went wrong on a job. My favorite one was when the light magenta dropped out on a job, and he told us, "I always like my grays to go a little green."
(We still redid the job.)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
andywarhol1-2x.jpg

TammieH

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
― Isaac Asimov

Jeremiah

2 quotes that I like, but not sure how they actually go.... if anyone knows how they actually go. They touch a nerve about internet groups. " a tough guy never brags about how tough he is" and.... the only person more stupid than a person who thinks they know it all is the person who argues with them!

Chriswagner92

I get daily Stoic quotes from an app, today mine is:
"Whatever may happen to you, it was prepared for you from all eternity; and the implication of causes was from eternity spinning the thread of your being, and of that which is incident to it." -Marcus Aurelius

Stacey K

I like making signs
You will never get ahead just working 40 hours a week - my Dad.

If you don't write it down, you won't remember!!!! I write everything down - my Dad. (we can tell by the 80 sticky notes on your desk)