• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interesting Quotes

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

You may write me down in history with your bitter, twisted lines. You may trod me in the very dirt, but still, like dust, I'll rise.

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

~ Maya Angelou

...I added a couple more

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Here's two of my favorites:

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."
Daniel J. Boorstin

If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son.
Rudyard Kipling

Jester

Slow is Fast
Risks and Rewards ...some life lessons:
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self.
To place your ideas and your dreams before the crowd is to risk being called naive.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He
may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love. Chained
by his certitude, he is a slave; he has forfeited his freedom. Only the person who risks is truly
free.” – Often attributed to the poet and thinker, Leo Buscaglia, the author is Janet Rand.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

Hmmmm................ that's a toughie. Just look around here over the years and you can see most of that stuff never panned out. :covereyes:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Those who do not remember history, are doomed to repeat it.

...I can't remember who coined this, but I heard it once as a kid and have never forgotten it.

signage

upload_2020-12-10_13-29-6.png