• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior Menu Boards, How do I Mount them?

Tek Wrap

So a local school needs some menu boards to hang on the wall. They want 4 boards that they can swap out easily. I was thinking about just applying vinyl menus to PVC/Sintra board and mounting those to the wall. I am leaning towards mounting some type of channel to the wall that they can slide the sign in and out of easily??? Any suggestions, and/or better options????

Thanks!
Corey

Billct2

Yep z clips are nice or we sometimes make our own out of PVC so the sign stands off from the wall more

Tek Wrap

NICE! Those are PERFECT! I like the idea of more separation from the wall using PVC. Gonna try that.

Thanks!

TimToad

Hard to beat a manufactured, no brainer option like the ones recommended. You also could do one big permanent panel mounted to the wall faced with some kind of sheet metal panel and then do your menu panels on magnetic material.

Firefox

I recently did a bunch of snap frames that worked out real well, but I wonder if they might be a little complicated for cafeteria staff to figure out.

You could also check out Visual Magnetics, very simple change out, might be cost prohibitive if changing to new panels frequently but not so much if rotating through the same panels.
http://www.visualmagnetics.com/

bigben

I do alot of menu. I do my own LED backlit with snap frame (only 5/8in tick). I also do just the snap frame if the customer do not want the light.

Attachments

• menu1.jpg
    menu1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 79

bigben

Man those are really nice!! All custom made? Do you have more details? I'm really interested in this! :smile:

:cool1:

I have a division specialize in LED lightning. We custom built LED light box like these. I have different snap frame model and color, we got a 2 years warranty on them. This division do not sell to end customer directly, we sell to signshop, marketing box, designer, etc.

I have a pdf catalog in french, I got the english version somewhere if I can find it. Here is some pictures of previous install we've made via my sign company.

Attachments

• Présentation panneaux LED.pdf
    812.7 KB · Views: 120