• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior mount reverse print media

SpeedproSOC

Good afternoon,

We got an interesting request today from a customer and we are having a tough time coming up with a realistic solution. The request is this: The customer has 2500 clear food trays, same as the ones used in restaurants and cafeterias. They want to get stickers made that are 10"x 17", that will be mounted to the bottom side of the food tray so that it can be seen and read from the top. They want the sticker to have a white backing and a permanent adhesive.

Is there any way to do something like this? I hope my explanation made sense. Any help would be appreciated.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You can print on just about any material you want then just put a double sided face mount on top and apply from the bottom. That would be the easiest way I think

chafro

Reverse print in Clear lexan and screen print white on the back., then add clear adhesive and face mount to the tray. lexan prints come out beautiful on HP latex and adhesives work very well with it.

i have some great lexan profiles for the L26500, using onyx.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
As a precaution, because some plastics may not hold an adhesive very well, test apply the material you plan on using before committing it to production.

CanuckSigns

Is it cool to just screen print right on the trays ?

If the message is not going to be changed, this is the best bet, these trays go through a super hot water sterilizer multiple times a day, couple that with the possibility that the trays are made with a low energy plastic and the decals won't last long.

See if you can do a sample of 5 trays using a reverse printed clear vinyl, laminated with white, have them put them through the paces for a week or so and reevaluate based on the results.