• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior Mounted Perforated Vinyl?

klemgraphics

I have a small window perf job coming up that would be a lot easier and appealing to the customer if I could apply it to the inside of the window.

Is there any perf out there that is white on the print side, black on the back, and you can laminate the adhesive and optically clear laminate after it is printed?

The window is in an area of the building that is not easy to reach from the outside which is the main concern with the interior install.

Letterbox Mike

There is a new product out called Window Shock that is a perforated material applied to the inside. You can't laminate it though, but it may still be worth looking into for your application.

Letterbox Mike

That Window Shock looks nice, wonder if they have any samples available? Have you used it Insignia?

I've played around with samples from our local dealer, but they were pre-printed so I've never actually printed on it. It sticks about like static cling, if I understand it right there's not actually adhesive but tiny tiny "suction cups" that hold it to the glass, so for a permanent application I don't know how it would hold up. Worth a shot though I guess.

Another option would be to find someone with a thermal resin printer like a Summa DC4 and have them reverse-print this on clear with a perf pattern. It'll lay down color first, then white, then black, all with holes in the image like perf. I've seen this done and it works exactly the same as perf but it can be applied from the inside since it's a solid sheet of clear vinyl that's been reverse-printed.

HulkSmash

I've played around with samples from our local dealer, but they were pre-printed so I've never actually printed on it. It sticks about like static cling, if I understand it right there's not actually adhesive but tiny tiny "suction cups" that hold it to the glass, so for a permanent application I don't know how it would hold up. Worth a shot though I guess.

Another option would be to find someone with a thermal resin printer like a Summa DC4 and have them reverse-print this on clear with a perf pattern. It'll lay down color first, then white, then black, all with holes in the image like perf. I've seen this done and it works exactly the same as perf but it can be applied from the inside since it's a solid sheet of clear vinyl that's been reverse-printed.

don't use this stuff. Ordered a sample, put it up to test, and it fell off 2 weeks later.. almost as bad as pano star.

klemgraphics

Pano film from Fellers is what your looking for with 2-5 years life. page 21 in there catalog
Can you laminate adhesive to the whole print or just use their "tape" on the edges?
I was told by my fellers rep that it doesn't hold up very well, but in all honesty I don't trust what he says as he has proven time and time again that he is not very knowledgeable on........any product.

Letterbox Mike

Yeah, we've had bad luck with Pano from Fellers as well. It's okay for temporary stuff but I wouldn't trust it for long-term applications

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have an easier solution, print on non adhesive perf and put a perm/removable mounting adhesive on top and your good to go. I carry both products if your interested just let me know.

shado

perfect job for a Summa

Insignia is absolutely correct about the advantages of using a Summa thermal printer to accomplish this task. Instead of printing on a perforated film, Summa printers print view-thru window graphics on regular clear vinyl using our unique VisionPrint process. One would simply reverse the print order to create window graphics which would be adhered inside the window. No need for lamination or special films. Also, the graphic is definitely NOT going to fall off in two weeks using this method.