• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior vs Exterior Window Perf

RISEgraphics

I'm going to apologize in advanced for my ignorance - I work more on the print side of things, not so much the installation and haven't had much experience with privacy windows.

I'm looking for your suggestions on a great interior privacy window perf that is compatible with solvent printers. The boss' office overlooks the warehouse and he'd like to have the ability to look out, but not allow eyes in.

In the past, they used the Clear Focus ImageVue 65/35 Exterior perf on the exterior windows and tried using the same perf inside, but obviously that didn't work out. (See photo attached)

Attachments

• IMG_2911 (1).jpg
    IMG_2911 (1).jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 497

2B

to my understanding and testing, the side with the most light is easy to see into regardless of the material being used.
think of the last movie / TV show you watched where there was an interrogation room. the observation room is the darker one and hence the privacy.

BigfishDM says he has a window perf that removes this issue though.
we have not pursued this further, be it testing or seen this product installed for confirmation of the claim

Last edited:

bannertime

Just a tip: All one way window graphics rely on dark side/bright side to work. The side with more light see's more of the graphics and the side with less light can see through.

Billct2

I learned the hard way. Some perf films are better for this than others. Our solution, though not as satisfactory as I would have liked, was to put really dark tint on the private side.

RISEgraphics

I learned the hard way. Some perf films are better for this than others. Our solution, though not as satisfactory as I would have liked, was to put really dark tint on the private side.

That may be a possibility.. what tint product did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

bannertime

Just assumed that's how it was printed? Is it not like a rocky or grungy print? What does it look like with the lights off in that room?

RISEgraphics

Just assumed that's how it was printed? Is it not like a rocky or grungy print? What does it look like with the lights off in that room?

I don't, unfortunately. It was done by the company's previous graphics guy and torn down almost immediately because of the finished appearance. It's not a rocky or grungy print, just meant to look "clear" in the areas it looks dirty. They were using a 65/35 perf, if that makes a difference?

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Why not just use window tint (limo tint is like 95% . ) They also make one way tint that works well
I’ve seen enamel receptive printed and covered with window tint so when the lights were off just dark window but when the lights were on full color image that you could still see through , neat effect .
Just another option I hate perf gets dirty too fast and clients whine

MikePro

i can see images / silhouettes of people in the "dirty spots". that's most likely the printed image on the perforated material ghosting-through, as result of the monster light source behind it.
The physics behind one-way vision materials is pretty straight-forward: it reflects glare from the bright-side to hide/distract vision of the dark-side.

RISEgraphics

i can see images / silhouettes of people in the "dirty spots". that's most likely the printed image on the perforated material ghosting-through, as result of the monster light source behind it.
The physics behind one-way vision materials is pretty straight-forward: it reflects glare from the bright-side to hide/distract vision of the dark-side.

Yup. I found the original file used and it included a concrete texture to it, which is where that "dirty" look comes from.