• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior wall mural - what media?

Rage Wraps

What media do you guys recomend for an interior wall? The size is 9'2" x 116'. Printing on an GS6000 with colorburst.

Cast or Cal? This will be up high and will never be touched.

Letterbox Mike

I'd go with a digital wallcoverming like Korographics or Wallscapes over anything self adhesive, personally, at least if this is considered a permanent installation. I haven't found a single self-adhesive vinyl that really stays stuck long term to painted drywall, and we've tried damn near everything out there. Wallpaper stays up so you can sleep at night.

I guess if it had to be self-adhesive I'd look at Phototex, personally though I don't like working with it or printing it, but others love it...

Dan Antonelli

We are having our back wall done with a mural we designed - 8 x 32 and its being done in that wallpaper/canvas like material with no adhesive, and butt joined. Should be done next week.

Letterbox Mike

Post pictures when it's done Dan, that'll look great I'm sure.

I love murals done in real wallpaper material, they look so much better and more professional than paneled vinyl with overlapping seams.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Dan is the brick pattern part of the mural layout or are you going to install a wall paper type material on a brick wall?

wayne k
guam usa

Dan Antonelli

No its going on sheetrock, the bricks are in photoshop, and we distressed the art. The post below the full mural shows a closeup of the girl and the brick pattern behind her. We got a sample printed and obviously we made sure each brick when printed at 100% was to scale and correct size. Looks pretty damn realistic. We do so much in retro genre, we just thought it would be pretty cool.

Actually, for you Call of Duty fans, we had our entire office and building made into a Call of Duty map, exact to scale - and the mural is in the game, as is all our desks, conference room, art on the walls, etc. Its pretty sick. So I've been 'virtually' seeing the mural for a few weeks, just been waiting on the install.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You have a few great options, you can use the textured products from Korographics or Dreamscape or you could use and adhesive fabric like phototex but your cheapest alternative would be using a 6 Mil rigid calendered vinyl like the FATHEAD material but with a permanent adhesive. You could also use wet strength paper which is basicly like printing on wallpaper stock. Hope this helps, if you need more info just let me know.