• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

intermittent faded streaks

jagsouthern

I have seen this coming up more and more lately. Seems that about every 12-18" I get a faded looking streak that is about an inch wide. What is this? Could this be a pump issue? I have attached a photo showing what is happening.

Attachments

• evaluation photo.jpg
    evaluation photo.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 143

WI

Looks like your pressure is dropping off at regular intervals. Maybe your magenta damper isn't working right, but that's total guesswork on my part. In any event I'd bet that's a hardware issue. Call a tech, I'm skeptical that you'd be able to fix that without replacing something.

Last edited:

MikePro

ink starvation.
got an issue there with your ink supply, dropping out & kicking back-in.

airbubble in the ink-line, cracked manifold, bad connection, bad pump, bad karma... its in there somewhere. cheap fix, if you can pinpoint the source of the issue.

jagsouthern

Just wanted to say that changing the cyan damper helped greatly. There was some visible residue at the base of the damper. Think i will change the others.