• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

internal error 1670462

amp267

roland sp540v keeps cancelling, i just got this "internal error 1670462" anybody know what it means

artbot

seems that this line of printers has latent static issues. i've helped a couple of people get there sp's and vp's going and it was many times static charge.

in the future, to completely disperse of all static charge in the machine do this in this order. you won't need to leave the machine off for 10 minutes or over night.

__________________________________________________ ___________

turn it off from the front, turn it off from the back, unplug the back, press the front power button four times slowly (press count to 2, press count to 2, etc). this eliminates all the charge from the machine. some main boards have capacitors that are designed to store electricity. by pressing the front power you pull power out of the machine. my mimaki's front button will light up green about 2 times before going dark, unplugged, to show you when the static charge is gone.

also, anytime you get gibberish (especially long or short bars of a single color), that is a sign of a data issue, long streaks that end intermittently is usually a fried print head. my printer was very periodically printing little 1x2 rectangles for weeks before it nuts. the diagnosis was a loose data ribbon at the black head. so that's a heads up if you see that kind of issue. check for ink leaks into ribbon inlets, loose data cables, and bent over data cable leads). when checking completely power down your machine as if you were changing a head.

ysitar

Thanks for youe reply artbot. I received your replies to 3 of my messages. I talked to my local serviceman and we did the limit initialization. Disappointingly the problem occured again this afternoon. I will try your procedure tomorrow. My printer prints pretty well, it has never printed rubbish. It just stops printing and cancels the job. Busy and Data leds flash. Then freezes in this state. I wonder what happened to the other guys who had thw same problem...

David S

Error 1650462 is IC 4 and IC 9 regulators overheating on the servo board. Your number is slightly different. Maybe a typo or a similar error? Try cleaning the dust off the servo board if it is dusty.

ysitar

The local tech have never heard of that error again, I emailed to mother Roland too. I received no answer yet....last time the machine freezed fortunately short after the printing had finished

Ragnabrok

Any time i've seen a recurring internal error code it was due to a board. They can show up randomly, essentially being a crash.

I'd start with the heat suggestion as stated above. hopefully a board doesn't need to be replaced but that is one of the steps further down the diagnosis line.

ysitar

After 4 months of operation, Im convinced it is a board overheating. I put one fun blowing hot air out of the board compartment and the problem never reoccured.