Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Dave Drane, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    I am having trouble opening CDR files through Outlook Express. The files are sitting there but the lettering is light gray and the file is totally inactive. I sent a Coreldraw file to a printer and he was able to open it but in the "sent folder" it was there but inactive. The problem seems to have arisen since I went on to Windows XP. Does anyone else experience this. The CDR file were below my version so that was not an issue.:help:

Tags:
  2. Joseph Dunkle

Joseph Dunkle Active Member

May 21, 2005
    Maybe a security issue, try lowering your settings

3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Your first major problem....

is using Outlook!
    Please switch to Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for your browser.
    Ga-Day

4. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Dave,
    Check to see what the internal security settings are in OE, AND what they may be in your avti-virus, if you are running any.

5. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Yeah, I had to mess with my security settings to get ALL file formats to come through properly. Can't remember which buttons I pushed, but just start fiddling with your security (wisely of course) and see what happens...

6. derrickcurry

derrickcurry Member

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm an application developer and we make it a practice to add ".safe" to the end of any files we send. A lot of corporate firewall will block certain attachments. All the end user needs to do is copy the file to there desktop and remove the ".safe" from the filename.