• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interpretation of Wrap Proof Notes

briankb

Premium Subscriber
We recently finished a car wrap and found someone to print and install the wrap for the client.

Today we received the proof and all three pieces were printed on 3M material and the wrap itself is supposed to be on 3M media and laminate. However on the proof it reads "Avery 2012" with what looks like printer settings.

Since part of the price we negotiated was that it will be printed on 3M and laminated with 3M, I'm confused by the Avery 2012 written on the proof. I've attached a scan of the proof.

Can someone tell me what the notes mean?

Attachments

• wrap-proof-scan-2013.PNG
    wrap-proof-scan-2013.PNG
    130.4 KB · Views: 86

briankb

Premium Subscriber
btw "Webster" is not the name of the client or us so I ASSuming it is the name they gave to the machine (printer) they used for the proof and final wrap.

jfiscus

Rap Master
To me it looks like the tech was "Webster", he used a profile called "Avery 2012" to print your material, and the other notes look like adjustments he made to that profile for your job.
If the material says 3M on the back, it's 3M. Most of our materials here are printed on settings not called 3M anywhere, even though most is 3M material.

xxaxx

To me it looks like the tech was "Webster", he used a profile called "Avery 2012" to print your material, and the other notes look like adjustments he made to that profile for your job.
If the material says 3M on the back, it's 3M. Most of our materials here are printed on settings not called 3M anywhere, even though most is 3M material.

That sounds about right.

briankb

Premium Subscriber

Thanks! That sounds about right to me too.

mudmedia

feel free to post pictures of this wrap if it is the same one you posted the layout a couple weeks back. Would like to see it all complete!:thumb: