• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interviewed on Fox Business today-

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice work.
You came across very well.
The Fox production guys seemed to be lagging a little getting the right cards up at the right times.

So is she as good looking in person as she is on camera?

wayne k
guam usa

Dan Antonelli

Nice work.
You came across very well.
The Fox production guys seemed to be lagging a little getting the right cards up at the right times.

So is she as good looking in person as she is on camera?

wayne k
guam usa

Yeh, they were lagging a bit. 5 mins goes by very fast - I had like 20 points I had hoped to make, and got in about 3 of them. And yep!

OADesign

Nice!

Congrats! There should be a nice influx of new work for you.

Is it me? Or did she fluff on the web address? No big. Your work on your seo makes it impossible to miss you online.
To bad they didn't drop a lower third with your web address typed out.

That is super cool though! And you present so well. Do you speak live any time?

I would be interested to see how your inbox looks before and after this. Or how much more your phone rings.
Nice work Sir.

cmykpro

Congrats!

I have to ask though; you start off by saying avoiding clip art yet every example you show has some rendition of a cartoon guy that to me is very generic clip art. Granted each cartoon guy is mocked up towards its specific client however it is still a cartoon guy with a slightly different appearance on each card. Is this something that has been trending well with your customers so you just roll with it? I would just expect when a person says to avoid the norm (clip art) and be brand specific that they would do more then plaster the same guy in different attire across multiple customers.

I wish they would have given you more time to show us more of what you had in mind...

BobM

Good job Dan. I hope lots of our customers get to see the clip and hear the message we should be pounding into their minds.

Dan Antonelli

Congrats!

I have to ask though; you start off by saying avoiding clip art yet every example you show has some rendition of a cartoon guy that to me is very generic clip art. Granted each cartoon guy is mocked up towards its specific client however it is still a cartoon guy with a slightly different appearance on each card. Is this something that has been trending well with your customers so you just roll with it? I would just expect when a person says to avoid the norm (clip art) and be brand specific that they would do more then plaster the same guy in different attire across multiple customers.

I wish they would have given you more time to show us more of what you had in mind...

Hmm, hopefully you don't mean our artwork as 'generic clipart' but rather trying to say its appropriate for the time period it's supposed to represent. I don't think any of our art is generic, but when you're asked to portray a specific genre, you try and stay true to the period (in those examples, around the 40s-50s.) While mascots, by they very nature, will utilize common elements, and our illustrative style when repeated over time has similar characteristics, we work hard on building unique brands for our clients. I don't think you'll find much in the way of clip art that is similar to ours, but if you study the time period they represent, you'll see elements which were popular from the period. Also, we're very careful not to deploy similar strategies to clients in competing markets. So if a HVAC contractor wants a retro theme that competes against a prior client, we suggest an alternate campaign strategy. We've certainly used a 'Meet Mr. Product' approach mascot of the contractor with a wrench, but each time we do, we try and really think outside of the box and give each client something uniquely yours. When you do about 30 HVAC brands a year, that's a challenge!

Yeh, I wish I had more time too. The thing is, I had no idea what artwork they were actually using beforehand, and I didn't get to talk the reporter or producer beforehand. We sent them a bunch of samples, and they picked those. The only thing I got to ask her beforehand was if she wanted me to show the actual physical samples of Timos. We had sent images of trucks and brochures and I had hoped we could do one case study showing integration, but we didn't get to talk on that.

Nice!

Congrats! There should be a nice influx of new work for you.

Is it me? Or did she fluff on the web address? No big. Your work on your seo makes it impossible to miss you online.
To bad they didn't drop a lower third with your web address typed out.

That is super cool though! And you present so well. Do you speak live any time?

I would be interested to see how your inbox looks before and after this. Or how much more your phone rings.
Nice work Sir.

Yeh she flubbed our web address and didn't mention the name of the new book, which was part of the objective. But we already got a few leads in yesterday - like you say, not that hard to find us thankfully.

And yes I speak live at conferences (I'm presenting at the ISA show in Orlando in April on Wrap Design, and at the New England sign show in May), but speaking live in that setting is infinitely easier. I've done a few radio interviews, (actually I'll be on a radio interview later this morning on Sirius), and radio is also so much easier because you can still follow notes or a script. TV is whole other animal.

cmykpro

Hmm, hopefully you don't mean our artwork as 'generic clipart' but rather trying to say its appropriate for the time period it's supposed to represent.

I am in no way saying anything negative about your artwork (looks great to me). I was just curious as to why they would spotlight someone on brand diversity and identity recognition, then only show two business cards with the same exact type of feel even though it was representing two totally different types of companies. Again, I wish they would have given you more time to show us the whole plethora of what you were trying to convey.