• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Introducing my scissors sharpening service. Special offer 10/21 thru 10/27/2020

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
In elementary school, you have regular classes, gifted classes and then those classes for kids that ride the short bus.... they don't let them use scissors. I think we need to at least introduce them to plastic scissors so we don't have them grow up, running a sign shop and asking "what do you use scissors for?"

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Do they use short school buses in Canada?

Hey...I used to drive a short bus for a non-profit. I have to say that you'll never find more genuine people on the face of God's green earth. I've watched them during heated disagreements amongst themselves, and I've learned two things:

1) They're typically brutally honest with their words. For the majority of us, that is a long-sought-after super power.

2) They don't have capacity to be manipulative enough to keep a situation going, and thus a fire without fuel is short lived. Withing minutes, things blow over and they're back to being chatty again...and usually, the matter has been totally forgotten by dinner.

We could learn a valuable lesson here....

JB

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Hey...I used to drive a short bus for a non-profit. I have to say that you'll never find more genuine people on the face of God's green earth. I've watched them during heated disagreements amongst themselves, and I've learned two things:

1) They're typically brutally honest with their words. For the majority of us, that is a long-sought-after super power.

2) They don't have capacity to be manipulative enough to keep a situation going, and thus a fire without fuel is short lived. Withing minutes, things blow over and they're back to being chatty again...and usually, the matter has been totally forgotten by dinner.

JB

There is a very good series on Netflix called "Love on the spectrum" you might like. There is no filter or fakeness with them and what you see is what you get.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

JB

There is a very good series on Netflix called "Love on the spectrum" you might like. There is no filter or fakeness with them and what you see is what you get.

If we would all, just stop and........ listen.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hey now, let's not discriminate against the short bus. I rode a short bus - but it wasn't a short bus for special needs. I lived on the outskirts (inskirts?) of a rural route that went up to Badger Mtn. Bus 10 - the short bus was used for the mountain route, and I lived on the edge of that route. There were some interesting kids on that bus, but only because they lived in shacks with outhouses - and sometimes the parents would ride the bus for a ride into town.
It was years before I learned what "riding the short bus" meant to most people, and why they laughed when I would volunteer I rode the short bus.
It was a fun bus when Mr. Duncan drove it - he would play the radio! very cool.
...Then some weird lady took over the route and she was fired for DUI - yes while driving the bus. I wasn't on it at the time - I think I had my drivers license by then, or I was getting rides to school from a neighbor boy.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
1602269_1.jpg