• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Invisible Ink

RWPrint

I got a request from a client:

"I thought it could be cool to have a map with an invisible printed layer that shows under a UV light perhaps.

Do printers do such things, or am I looking at coloring these regions in with some invisible markers?"

They want to do a map overlay showing a before and after. The after would show by flipping a switch, so to speak. Does anyone have a solution/idea on how to make this, aside of using markers?

Thanks in advance!

NP_18

I got a request from a client:

"I thought it could be cool to have a map with an invisible printed layer that shows under a UV light perhaps.

Do printers do such things, or am I looking at coloring these regions in with some invisible markers?"

They want to do a map overlay showing a before and after. The after would show by flipping a switch, so to speak. Does anyone have a solution/idea on how to make this, aside of using markers?

Thanks in advance!

Look up Ricoh Invisible Red Toner. It prints clear but under a black light it glows red.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If printing with a typical wide format printer that we have the only thing I can think of would be to do all of your main printing and then make a vinyl mask that is open only where you want the clear UV, apply that to the print and then paint the clear reactive UV ink on, let it dry and remove the vinyl mask. I did something like that years back and it worked great. Dont remember where I got the clear UV coating though - was someplace online. You can get it where it will glow different colors with a black light and even a clear glow in the dark type of coating.