Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ioline Studio 7

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by benscammell, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:45 AM.

1. benscammell

benscammell New Member

Thursday
    UK
    I have been given an Ioline Studio 7, with loads of vinyl, blades etc.

I would like to be able to make simple cut vinyl box labels.

Is there any software that would drive this?

I have a USB to serial adapter, and working in IT can magic up a laptop with Window 7 / 10 etc.

Any help appreciated...cheers, Ben

Tags:
  2. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Try SignCut to see if they support that plotter.

3. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I ran one of those in the '90's with Casmate. It became Flexi. Perhaps Flexi still has the driver?

4. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    Ioline Design II, is the original software for this machine. pm me for details.

5. korntee

korntee New Member

Jun 27, 2019
    san francisco

6. korntee

korntee New Member

Jun 27, 2019
    san francisco
    I have a studio 7. I used flexisign pro 8 on an old levano think pad running xp. I have a usb to 9pin adapter to a 25 pin to serial adapter? I cant remember exactly but heres a picture.

Attached Files:

7. Attila Nagy

Attila Nagy New Member

Sep 24, 2018
    London
    I used to run it with FlexiSign.

8. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    If no current software has a driver for it, could always see about setting up a RAW HPGL "printer" within Windows. If I recall correctly, it should support HPGL (I suggest RAW as I'm used to the device being able to parse what it needs and leave the rest, that way I won't I don't have to worry about something not being sent properly).

On the platform I am on now, this setup is relatively trivial, I don't know how it is on Windows as my need for it didn't happen until after I was off Windows, but Windows does have (if I recall correctly) HPGL support built in from XP on.

It's just another option if there is no straight forward software option as for some it may be more technical then they want to deal with.

9. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    FlexiSIGN supports you model.