• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ipad as a business photo portfolio...

John L

I purchased an Ipad with one of my main reasons being that they claimed it was awesome for viewing photographs on. I agree, that photos do look great, load quickly, etc. I remember a couple others on here also had Ipads and maybe someone here has a solution to this issue I am having.

I can't find any way of organizing my photos either in groups (folders) or even in any particular order, so that I can group them by sign types, styles, etc. for showing clients.

From searching the net, apparently Iphoto on a Mac provides this ability but I sync with a PC and, best I can tell, Iphoto isn't available for a PC.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I don't have an I Pad, but could you name the photos in a manner that will allow them to open in a particular sequence?

For example, name all the banners with a prefix begining with "B"...like B-101, B-102, B-103, etc... Monument signs could begin with an "M", neon with a "N", and so on.

Naming photos in this manner will allow you to easily display photos in the sequence you desire. And it gives you the unlimited ability to insert new photos where you want them to go in the line up. For example, "B-101-1" would follow B-101, but proceed B-102.

Furthermore, you could also add the sign description in the name so you can easily find it when needed, such as: B-101 (Joe's Hardware Store), B-102 (Amy's Cake Catering), B-103 (Tax Time Accounting Services).

They should all sequence according to the prefix you give them.

Last edited:
Just create folders for each type of sign. I have several folders of pictures on my iPad. You just put the folders in the folder you are syncing with.

FrankenSigns.biz

Interestingly, I am currently using iWork's Keynote to make a capabilities presentation for Franken Signs and play it on my iPad when I visit potential clients. Just having the iPad can be a real ice-breaker as well. It really is a very beautiful device.

mtroup

As Finishline said.. if you are syncing with a PC you need to create a single Folder "Photos" or such and then multiple subfolders named appropriately, then when you sync just choose to sync that folder and all contents.

W

wetgravy

One of the things a designer friend did, was get the 3g ipad with a minimal prepaid card for his portfolio and loaded up a flickr app with his portfolio work. I thought it was an interesting idea since he could also direct people to the account to view work. Though, I'm pretty sure making a gallery for a wordpress site makes more sense since you can have more content and if you know what you are doing have a visually interesting site to act as your portfolio.

WildWestDesigns

i dont have or want an ipad..........i DO HAVE A FACEBOOK & MYSPACE page. most places nowadays have a computer and the INTERNET
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-SIGN-MINT/176050993410?ref=sgm
http://www.myspace.com/asignmint/photos/albums/signs/1065671

Places that I deal with, don't like having to deal with setting that up. Most of the time the wireless connection is protected and they also might have certain sites blocked(especially the social network sites) as that tends to be a distraction to the employees.

If it's just personal internet use, they might be a different story, but if you are going to a business, not all like to have to unlock social network sites or give out the user/pass info for "you" to use a laptop to view facebook.

I would either have the old fashioned portfolio or use an iPad(or like device) to have my photos on.