• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IPF9000 head cleaning menu confusing ("Right/Left" vs "A/B")

priusjames

Canon iPF 9000, been running great since I removed the print heads and spent a weekend cleaning them both by hand...recently, as it starts to print, I get a message that seems more of a suggestion than a warning or error. "Clean Right Print Head, choose OK to proceed". Pushing OK starts printing.

So...the machine tells me "Right Print Head needs to be cleaned" When I go to the printhead cleaning screen in the onboard menu, it has two options..."A' and "B"...that's not "right/left".

Does Cleaning "A": clean the left head and "B" the right, or are these two power cleaning levels that do both heads?

Something else?

I can't figure out how to clean the right print head without removing it completely and manually cleaning it (which I'm tired of doing all the time)...please explain.

Thanks

Jim