• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Iridescent AND solvent compatible?

joeb

Hi all - looking for material suggestions for a printable substrate that is iridescent. The iridescence I'm looking for is that classic purple base color with green shine. Kind of like this. This is not for a car wrap, and ideally it wouldn't have an adhesive backing. If it does then whatever. I can't find much of anything that specifically says it is print compatible, so I am hesitant to try order a roll for testing without some external input from you all. I have successfully printed on Avery Dennison's chrome mirror and copper vinyl, so something like this would be perfect.

I am currently looking at Avery SW900 Rushing Riptide 674S as the best option but as a wrap vinyl it will be expensive... which is ok if someone tells me they've printed on it with Solvent before....

Anyone know a good printable iridescent / shiny vinyl that is purple-ish??

joeb

Thanks 2CT Media. Since this is not for a wrap (essentially it is for a special effects backdrop), I don't necessarily want to pay the price for a cast vinyl like 900SC or 900SW. Do you, or does anyone, know of a cheaper vinyl that has an iridescence or pearlescent effect?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
3M 1080 is a little cheaper most places. But I'm curious what you are printing on a dark color like this...no one really prints on this stuff, but I suppose you could.