• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Iron on labels

Welder.man

We sell a lot of vinyl name labels and get asked all the time for iron on (with household iron) labels, we have not go this way as without a heat press I thought they would not stay stuck, but there are so many places offering iron on labels I asked my spandex rep he said it is a siser type material but did not know much it.
Anyone doing this? What material are you using? Where do you get it from? Can it be printed and cut with a Gerber set up.

Sign_Boy

I've ironed on thermoflex for my own stuff and it worked but for a client.... I probably would not do it

Welder.man

Flame I am only using Avery 700 and 900.

I have some Polyflex on the way from one of my suppliers to have a test run with.

Anyone else know ?

Here is a link to some that Signwarehouse sales under their name, I think it is made by Siser. I don't know anything about it just saw it in one of their flyers.

Iron-On

Stuart

Mike_Koval

here is the skinny about using an iron...yes it will work, but would i trust it to stick permanently...no.

There are three key ingredients to a successful heat transfer, time, temperature and pressure. It is very tough to get all those accurate at one time with out a heat press.