Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron on vinyl?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 68dodgeramman, Mar 2, 2010.

1. 68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Larry
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]I had a guy come to me the other day that has an antique snowmobile. He wants to have a cover made for it to match the original cover. So he asked me if I have vinyl that I can cut out the graphics and iron on. So my question is, Is there anything out there like that? You gotta understand I don't get this request everyday, lol. Or is there someone here that could do it if I sent the vector to them? Thanks for any info.[/FONT]

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Like a termo-flex, stuff used on t-shirts? What is the cover made out of?

3. 68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Larry
    I was just coming back to add that it's made of canvass. Lol, Thanks Mosh.

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
  5. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
  6. trimguy

trimguy Member

May 24, 2008
    Hawaii
    We use the autographz system digital iron and media

7. bigwebman

bigwebman Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Mosh is right, you need to heat press it. A household iron does not put down enough pressure or get to the right temp. Thermo-Flex is good stuff, but Tony is right too, Eco-Film from Imprintables is excellent, great hot peel, and nice hand.

8. 68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Larry
    Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna do some calling around on it tomorrow if I have time. Thanks again!