Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irritating website issue

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by visual800, Oct 23, 2013.

1. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Back a couple years ago I designed out website with WIX. I know some of you despise that and you would rather sit for hours and write code and all that but I was not embedded with such patience and skillz. When I send my emails out to clients my tagline has the website address to it. I got a reply email from my cousin who told me my link was taking her to a photography site. I went in and clicked on it and it took me to my site.:help

I have gotten 2 more replies that my link takes them to a photgraphy site. the last one was yesterday and he was viewing on a mac. well my cousin has a mac and there we go. I thought a web address was a web address how can macs users NOT be linked to my address like the pc users. Am I missing something? I know the two have had small conflicts in the past but a damn web address?

I tried to reach wix and all I get is "go to our forum" replies. Figures.

http://www.visual-images-signs.com

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010

PC and an iMac on this end take me to your site. So I don't know unless there is something else that they are doing and not realizing it. There shouldn't be a conflict like this between the two platforms or it would be wide spread and affect everyone.

3. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    I would lay good money down it's not your site, wix or even the "Mac" itself that is causing the issue. What your describing sounds like a "virus" for lack of a better term.

I have had malicious software hijack my browsers before that produced similar results when clicking links. They usually will redirect you to a website where they get paid for the click through, or to boost traffic on a client's website to charge them more for their services.

I would venture to guess if you ask both of them if they recently installed a toolbar or similar software to their browsers you will find they both did something very similar.

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    it takes me right to your site

5. JBusch260

JBusch260 Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    No issues here on PC, but it goes to Nikki Brown Photography on my mobile.

6. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
  7. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    worked on my PC and ipad...

8. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

Are you trying to get some traffic to your site???? :thumb:

Just Kidding.

Worked for me, went to your site. On Mac

9. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    "The Niki Brown site is a template for the mobile site- so people who see it are viewing the site from a mobile device, not a desktop. This template is there until you either build your mobile site- or delete the mobile site from your 'my account' page.
    You can click here to start creating your site's mobile version."

10. Supergirl

Supergirl Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Chicago
    no trouble here either.

ask them to forward you back the email and check from there.

i bet you the link is broken in half and their search engine provider makes the best guess...

www.visual-

images-signs.com

and their email program is too dumb to put it together and sends them to images-signs.com

11. visual800

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
  12. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    :thumb: You're welcome.

13. ExecuPrintGS

ExecuPrintGS Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Hartland, WI
    I saw this post this morning and checked on my ipad and it took me to the photographers site, just looked here at work on my pc and took me to your site.

14. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You spelled "area" wrong on your main page.

15. visual800

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    thank you sir and thanks for the advice and sharp eye on jacked up wording. You start working on something for several days you get tunnel vision