• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Irritating website issue

visual800

Back a couple years ago I designed out website with WIX. I know some of you despise that and you would rather sit for hours and write code and all that but I was not embedded with such patience and skillz. When I send my emails out to clients my tagline has the website address to it. I got a reply email from my cousin who told me my link was taking her to a photography site. I went in and clicked on it and it took me to my site.:help

I have gotten 2 more replies that my link takes them to a photgraphy site. the last one was yesterday and he was viewing on a mac. well my cousin has a mac and there we go. I thought a web address was a web address how can macs users NOT be linked to my address like the pc users. Am I missing something? I know the two have had small conflicts in the past but a damn web address?

I tried to reach wix and all I get is "go to our forum" replies. Figures.

http://www.visual-images-signs.com

WildWestDesigns

Back a couple years ago I designed out website with WIX. I know some of you despise that and you would rather sit for hours and write code and all that but I was not embedded with such patience and skillz. When I send my emails out to clients my tagline has the website address to it. I got a reply email from my cousin who told me my link was taking her to a photography site. I went in and clicked on it and it took me to my site.:help

I have gotten 2 more replies that my link takes them to a photgraphy site. the last one was yesterday and he was viewing on a mac. well my cousin has a mac and there we go. I thought a web address was a web address how can macs users NOT be linked to my address like the pc users. Am I missing something? I know the two have had small conflicts in the past but a damn web address?

I tried to reach wix and all I get is "go to our forum" replies. Figures.

http://www.visual-images-signs.com

PC and an iMac on this end take me to your site. So I don't know unless there is something else that they are doing and not realizing it. There shouldn't be a conflict like this between the two platforms or it would be wide spread and affect everyone.

Locals Find!

I would lay good money down it's not your site, wix or even the "Mac" itself that is causing the issue. What your describing sounds like a "virus" for lack of a better term.

I have had malicious software hijack my browsers before that produced similar results when clicking links. They usually will redirect you to a website where they get paid for the click through, or to boost traffic on a client's website to charge them more for their services.

I would venture to guess if you ask both of them if they recently installed a toolbar or similar software to their browsers you will find they both did something very similar.

Dennis422

Are you trying to get some traffic to your site???? :thumb:

Just Kidding.

Worked for me, went to your site. On Mac

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
"The Niki Brown site is a template for the mobile site- so people who see it are viewing the site from a mobile device, not a desktop. This template is there until you either build your mobile site- or delete the mobile site from your 'my account' page.
You can click here to start creating your site's mobile version."

Supergirl

no trouble here either.

ask them to forward you back the email and check from there.

i bet you the link is broken in half and their search engine provider makes the best guess...

www.visual-

images-signs.com

and their email program is too dumb to put it together and sends them to images-signs.com

ExecuPrintGS

I saw this post this morning and checked on my ipad and it took me to the photographers site, just looked here at work on my pc and took me to your site.

visual800

I wonder if it's just the link in your signature isn't embedded properly?

Works fine for me too. You sure take some nice pictures.....lol.

thank you sir and thanks for the advice and sharp eye on jacked up wording. You start working on something for several days you get tunnel vision