• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is 3M 1080 Matte Black cuttable

tomence

I have some 3m 1080 Matte Black leftover and was trying to cut some vectors for a friend of mine and what i found is it is too hard to weed out.
Is this thing cuttable at all.

tomence

How about weeding out this material, when detailed image is cut i have very hard time, if simple like squares and circles no problem. The vinyl itself just doesn't want to stick to the backing paper.

cdiesel

Yeah, I'd do what Mike suggested.. we've only ever done large stripes with it. We stock Oracal matte black for cutting smaller stuff.

MikePro

cut and apply as a field.... weed out the negative after its transferred to the substrate.

o, and weed your letter centers first! pulling fields of controltac off a sign face is easy, if lightly applied, but picking at the centers of letters becomes tedious real-quick and you might be tempted to rush and accidentally damage the panel with your xacto.

Garbus

o, and weed your letter centers first! pulling fields of controltac off a sign face is easy, if lightly applied, but picking at the centers of letters becomes tedious real-quick and you might be tempted to rush and accidentally damage the panel with your xacto.

+1

also, weeding the letter centers, while its still on the application tape is also an option.