• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Is anyone using a Summa cutter after printing with Roland

TraderLink

Merchant Member
Checking for someone, if anyone is easily using a Summa S2-T160 to contour cut images printed on a Roland printer using Roland's VersaWorks RIP. He is designs in Corel. So he's wondering if there's an easy way to add the registration marks.
He doesn't want to change to another RIP program.

Thanks for any help.

autoexebat

I use the exact setup with the graphics I make , I went with Summa as it's so accurate and cuts my 15mil Substance lamination with no issues !

I'm willing to help but I'm not sure I want to publicly as there as a lot of trolls that follow my posts and harass me.

Last edited:

SlikGRFX

Use the plugin or set up a file containing the regmark and cut layers then drop your artwork in there. Reposition the reg marks, cut and paste your cut paths onto the respective layers then print with versaworks and cut using Gosign.

Or you can upgrade to onyx rip which will add summa marks automatically and put barcodes on each job for automated cutting.

SlikGRFX

I use the exact setup with the graphics I make , I went with Summa as it's so accurate and cuts my 15mil Substance lamination with no issues !

I'm willing to help but I'm not sure I want to publicly as there as a lot of trolls that follow my posts and harass me.
Then why join a public forum

Christian @ 2CT Media

Checking for someone, if anyone is easily using a Summa S2-T160 to contour cut images printed on a Roland printer using Roland's VersaWorks RIP. He is designs in Corel. So he's wondering if there's an easy way to add the registration marks.
He doesn't want to change to another RIP program.

Thanks for any help.
Yes this is 100% possible and easy to do, if you want I can help you and your client get it figured out.

Boston Uncommon

Yes this is 100% possible and easy to do, if you want I can help you and your client get it figured out.
Christian: Thank you for your offer to help. I had to get registered for the site to respond. Admittedly, I tried to do load a plug in but, admittedly, I was a bit inept to figure it out. Guess I am a bit more of a "visual learner"

Boston Uncommon

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes, sort of.

If you download the Summa Cutter Tools for CorelDraw from summa.com this gives you the ability to add the fiducials to your art files in CorelDraw, then you would split your artwork in to two files. One file will contain the artwork and the black filled print marks, the other will be your cut lines and the outline of your fiducials. You send the print file to Roland Versaworks and the Cut file you open in GoSign.