Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Instant One Media The Only Seller That Offers Economical Cast Print Vinyl?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 0igo, Feb 6, 2017.

1. 0igo

0igo Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Stockton Ca
    I've been looking all over the web hoping there are other companies that sell cast vinyl but i cannot find any. if any of you know of a supplier can you please let me know below? thank you.

2. what don't you like about instant one? other than their shipping costs.....

3. 0igo

0igo Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Stockton Ca
    i love iom, its just i got 2 rolls and they are "plucking" up as soon as i lock them into my mutoh printer, causing head strikes during prints.

4. JBarraxSW

JBarraxSW Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Texas
    Economical and cast are words not often used together. You could try an ultra-calendared vinyl like PrismJET 230 Ultra or ORACAL 3551RA. It won't be as conformable as a cast film, but will be suitable for some wrap applications. And they'll both work in your MUTOH printer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    General Formulations - Concept® 230 AutoMark™ Wrap Vinyl

Price point is probably around $350 for a 54"x150' roll.

Edit: this one is calendered, but it's conformable enough for wrapping vehicles.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    cheap cast, oxymoron might be a term to use. The suggestion of Oracal 3551RA might be your best bet. Good luck with the plucking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas

PrismJet 230 and General Formulations Concept 230, are the same material. I ordered some PrismJet 230 when I got my printer and there was even a sticker on the inside of the core that said General Formulations :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. 0igo

0igo Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Stockton Ca
    Question have you used it for wraps?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

9. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I've never used it. I'm just aware of it, as one of our local suppliers sells it.

10. Kwiksigns

Kwiksigns wookie

Feb 17, 2009
    Beltsville, MD
    have used automark. it is good. BUT... all of what you are trying to do isn't really "cheaper"... For box trucks, yeah, it is great cause you can install a box truck fast anyway and it conforms to the rivets pretty good. but for a car or suv, unless you are really good at installing vinyl, it is going to be ALOT harder. My installer couldn't even install it in one piece. I could but he could not. We ended up having to reprint in very small panels. What I am saying is, the $200 you save in material, is probably going to cost you $200 in extra time doing the install... Same thing goes for removal of said material.

• Like Like x 2