• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it good idea to print stickers on pigment Canon Pro-4100?

bartlondon

I was thinking to start printing stickers on Pro-4100, I'm not sure if it's wether good or bad idea. I have UV Mimaki printer but Canon prints faster and better quality. As long as I'm aware Canon prints would have to be laminated. I've seen on TikTok few people who print their stickers on Epson pigment machines.

damonCA21

How are you going to contour cut them if people want something you can't just cut out with a ruler and knife?
The Canon printer is really a poster printer, not for printing decals

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
When needed, I print on 24" IJM838, laminate then cut on a Graphtec CE6000-60. It's doable, looks fine, but I have better things to do with my life than push this! Things could be improved with a take roll on the 8400, and a laminator that does roll to roll.

bartlondon

How are you going to contour cut them if people want something you can't just cut out with a ruler and knife?
The Canon printer is really a poster printer, not for printing decals
I have Summa to cut stickers, basically I have already Mimaki UV printer, I wanted to add another machine to print stickers

damonCA21

The canon may print quickly, but then add on the time for removing the vinyl, laminating it and then loading and cutting on the summa. A print and cut machine would probably work out quicker and a lot less hassle. Also if you print in solvent inks then for most jobs you wouldn't need to laminate them

bartlondon

The canon may print quickly, but then add on the time for removing the vinyl, laminating it and then loading and cutting on the summa. A print and cut machine would probably work out quicker and a lot less hassle. Also if you print in solvent inks then for most jobs you wouldn't need to laminate them
My Mimaki is print and cut but it's pretty slow that's why I invested in summa

damonCA21

To be honest, if you want to print and cut stickers, get a machine designed to do that. If speed is an issue, lots of people run multiple print and cut machines ( a business I used to do their servicing for ran 5 Roland SPs ). Just load up the job, set it going and wait until it's finished while running another job on another machine.