• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it heat settings?

PMG

I went over to my Buddy's shop to check out his new printer,and have him test print my logos,we wanted to do a test on a non laminated print,today the ink is dry to the touch,but you can wipe the ink off with a alcohol swab,is this normal for no laminated prints,does it seem something is wrong here?

MobileImpact

Normal. With the eco-solvent inks. Alcohol is the cleaner. It's what we clean our heads etc with. So it will also clean ink from prints. The good news is, how many people walk around with a spray battle of alcohol with them to destroy your prints? Or you could always laminate.

Have fun with his new toy!

Kevin

Graphics2u

I would say that is also somewhat normal. However it shouldn't just wipe right off after 24 hr's. If you rub over it 4-5 times you may get some to come off. Could have a little to do with heat settings, after all part of the purpose of the heat is for adhesion. The New ultra inks require much less heat though that the Plus inks did so it's not quite as critical.

Any where you expect the prints to come into contact with chemicals, Lamination is the best route.

signage

Which type of alcohol are you using? I have found that denatured alcohol will take off almost any ink jet print not laminated

thewood

Which type of alcohol are you using? I have found that denatured alcohol will take off almost any ink jet print not laminated

I run a Mimaki running Triangle full solvent inks, and I can tell you that denatured alcohol absolutley will not remove the ink from my prints. I can scrub the prints with alcohol and have the faint color of ink remaining on the paper towel, but no noticeable difference in the print itself. The solvent that we use is not alcohol for sure.

PMG

Isoproply Alcohol swabs 70% that was the first thing on hand,just wanted to see what it would do!! and i found out,LOL

ChicagoGraphics

I run a Mimaki running Triangle full solvent inks, and I can tell you that denatured alcohol absolutley will not remove the ink from my prints. I can scrub the prints with alcohol and have the faint color of ink remaining on the paper towel, but no noticeable difference in the print itself. The solvent that we use is not alcohol for sure.

I agree 100% with mwoodson, we use full solvent in our Mimaki, and alcohol, windex, benzine, assorted household cleaners does not remove the ink. We even went as far as leaving it submerge in different cleaners
over night and, still wouldn't rub off.