• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is It Just Me or...?

JWitkowski

Is it just me (because I'm a bit of a spelling Nazi) or does anyone else find it very interesting to see the consistent use of incorrect spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc., present in a forum consisting of people whose job, presumably, is to make zero of these mistakes in their work?

JWitkowski

The people with white curly haired wigs probably thought the death of Olde English was the end of society. Just stop complaining and focus on Thanksgiving
Not complaining, just making an observation. Give me a break - we've got snow up here already, ok? And Thanksgiving was last month! Lol

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There are different settings in life... formal and informal. Some of us bring out the fine china when others just plop down paper plates. Sometimes you wear a suit and other times your pajamas. This place is like dive bar... come in with flip flops and cargo shorts and get drunk and start mouthing off. Lot of dried blood on the floor. Take a seat at Bobby and Wildwest's table... you'd fit in better over there.

Fleet FX Graphics

Ashley | Production Manager
Is it just me (because I'm a bit of a spelling Nazi) or does anyone else find it very interesting to see the consistent use of incorrect spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc., present in a forum consisting of people whose job, presumably, is to make zero of these mistakes in their work?
I'm kind of happy I'm not the only one who feels this at times

Johnny Best

Yep this was outside in the back alley this morning. Think it a new person named gnubler and looks like the skirt was lifted up.
Smell of vomit and urine, did not find any dried blood.

Attachments

• grubler.jpg
    grubler.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 110

Billct2

I'm only picky about spelling on signs....but then when they were hand painted fixing mistakes left an indelible impression and those words were never misspelled again

Stacey K

I like making signs
I don't feel a real need to use correct grammer/spelling on this forum. To me, I'm talking to my friends so that's how I type.

There is a guy in town who dabbles in vinyl graphics and t-shirts. He is very nice but he cannot talk, spell, type...it's very bad. He tried hard to get his business up and running but, he was unable to acquire any real customers. I'm sure it was due to his lack of grammar. I felt a little bad for him. I was never sure if he had a learning disability or just didn't apply himself in school. People tell me it's the latter, who knows.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
English is hard. I spelled something wrong on a sign the other day. Plenty of people saw it but nobody caught it. I make a lot of warning decals, there are piles of spelling and grammatical errors on OEM decals. It is what it is, youre not publishing a book.