• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is it me or the blade??

steriltech

Hi All,
I have a small problem. I have this small project I'm working on. I sent the first to the cutter and it was awesome no problem. When I sent it again it did not cut all the way?

I did nothing to off set the blade? I do a test cut and it weeds nice but when I send it it won't cut deep enought?I tried setting it all the way dose the same? Tried the blade extention still nothing? Is it me? I have a Roland CX-500.

I tried to set the force while cutting still-nothing..I gave up...........murphy is in the house................... any thing will help.

chopper

what are you using for equipment?
software?
material you are trying to cut?

what has happened to me in the past is the software overides the settings on the cutter if you are controlling the cut pressure from the pannel on the cutter and change it, it will revert to what is set in the software if you do not disable the control in the software //chopper

JacktheBear3

I had this issue once before right after installing a new blade.... It cut several jobs nice but then gave me the same results you are speaking of....

after much study I realized that the blade holder (which on my unit gets held in tightly with a thumbscrew) had loosened and the knife holder raised just a tad from the pounce.

repositioned the knife holder all the way in where it needed to be....tightened the thumbscrew a bit more than last time and she was off to the races.

You could have something like the above, but sometimes overlooking the obvious gets me every time.

W

steriltech

Hi Guys here it is! I have 3 cutters and the program I use flexi pro. It seems to cut fine with my 900 12" roland but when I switch it to the 40 roland it dosn't cut all the way? How could this be I checked everything???