Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it ok to put application tape over non laminated designs?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by timstudio, Nov 18, 2013.

1. timstudio

timstudio Member

May 16, 2012
    Netherlands
    Basicly the title says it all. Is it ok to applicate cullcolour printed designs without laminating them? Roland ecosol max inkt, R-tape medium tac paper application.

gr. Tim

Tags:
  2. guato

guato Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Slovenia Europe
    Yes, but must be dry!

3. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Never done it but it would make sense to me to use some soapy water or Rapid Tac to make it less aggressive when removing it.

4. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    we do it and it causes no issues but yeah make damn sure its dry and pull it off slow. It will be fine no need for wet application if you take your time

we order non laminated so we can clearcoat on substrate (clearcoat doesnt stick to well to laminate)

5. timstudio

timstudio Member

May 16, 2012
    Netherlands
    Thanks,

drying time is no problem. But it is for just one-day usage, so laminating would be overdone.

6. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    I would imagine that it is for a temp sign. It will work, but in my opinion I would just slap a cheap laminate on it and apply without tape. I don't see much price difference between tape and a cheap laminate and it will save you time. Good luck.

7. timstudio

timstudio Member

May 16, 2012
    Netherlands
    Design is a footprint made up out of 2 parts. Just for promotion use, and won't even be in the walking path. So I will have to applicate to get the parts lined up. Besides that, I don't have cheap laminate in stock.

8. Chriswagner92

Chriswagner92 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    nc
    you could use a spray lam. I know even when we let prints dry a couple days and use our tape it picks a little off here and there, but even that is so tiny you can barely notice.

If I had the choice i would laminate everything, but I don't make those decisions.