• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it ok to put application tape over non laminated designs?

timstudio

Basicly the title says it all. Is it ok to applicate cullcolour printed designs without laminating them? Roland ecosol max inkt, R-tape medium tac paper application.

gr. Tim

player

Never done it but it would make sense to me to use some soapy water or Rapid Tac to make it less aggressive when removing it.

visual800

we do it and it causes no issues but yeah make damn sure its dry and pull it off slow. It will be fine no need for wet application if you take your time

we order non laminated so we can clearcoat on substrate (clearcoat doesnt stick to well to laminate)

James Chrimes

I would imagine that it is for a temp sign. It will work, but in my opinion I would just slap a cheap laminate on it and apply without tape. I don't see much price difference between tape and a cheap laminate and it will save you time. Good luck.

timstudio

Design is a footprint made up out of 2 parts. Just for promotion use, and won't even be in the walking path. So I will have to applicate to get the parts lined up. Besides that, I don't have cheap laminate in stock.

Chriswagner92

you could use a spray lam. I know even when we let prints dry a couple days and use our tape it picks a little off here and there, but even that is so tiny you can barely notice.

If I had the choice i would laminate everything, but I don't make those decisions.