Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to cut this material with a regular cutter?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by salvauser, Apr 26, 2007.

1. salvauser

salvauser Member

Jan 2, 2006
    I've attached a picture of a material that looks like very thin "foamy" (I think that's the name of it).

Do you think something like this could be cut with a regular cutter? Just wondering if someone has done tests with thicker materials other than vinyl.

Just thought it might be interesting to add sort of a 3D texture to signs.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    I have cut thicker materials like sand blask mask on my cutter in the past with no problems .. is it a sheet material like gator foam, or sintra? // chopper

3. salvauser

salvauser Member

Jan 2, 2006
    I don't know. This is a product that is already in the market. I only noticed the cut and thought it might be possible. How thick is sandblast mask? Does it look like this? I imagine this kind of material is a bit rubbery.