Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Is it possible to get bright colors from a latex printer?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by chester215, Jan 24, 2019.

1. chester215

chester215 Just call me Chester.

Sep 29, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    We have a L26500 printer and have been asked to quote a sign with almost flourescent colors.
    We printed a sample from the PDF supplied by the customer and the colors look dull.
    Not sure if these colors are within the range that the printer will print.
    If they are flourescent then I understand we can't do them and would be looking for someone to print them on calendared material as 4x4's in batches of 12 at a time, laminated.

The attached PDF looks dull also but when imported into flexi looks much brighter like the signs they have had made and dropped off to us, probably done on a flatbed printer without lamination.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Green is one of those tough colours because you're mixing 2 different colours to achieve it. I usually set the file up in RGB and let the RIP handle the conversion, gives best results. We have had a job where we ended up having to print green on reflective which the customer was very happy with after seeing samples on standard gloss. Another time we had to order cut vinyl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. chester215

chester215 Just call me Chester.

Sep 29, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    Thanks for the RGB tip Dan.
    It worked great!

• Like Like x 1