• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it possible to make a diagonal selection in Flexi?

Gene@mpls

One of the things I was sad about loosing when we went from FlexiPro 5.7 to 7.x was the ability to do a diagonal
selection- I don't recall exactly the key combo to do it now. We have a seat of FSP designer 12 now- has that ability
ever come back. I was just needing it today and thought I would ask as I haven't spent a lot of time with 12 and I
am still trying to justify it. Thanks Gene

Matthew Scher

One of the things I was sad about loosing when we went from FlexiPro 5.7 to 7.x was the ability to do a diagonal
selection- I don't recall exactly the key combo to do it now. We have a seat of FSP designer 12 now- has that ability
ever come back. I was just needing it today and thought I would ask as I haven't spent a lot of time with 12 and I
am still trying to justify it. Thanks Gene

You can do diagonal selection in Flexi. Hold down the CTRL key as you drag, and it will drag out a diagonal line. Once you get the angle you like release the CTRL key and continue to drag to define the 2nd dimension.

This only works if you use the path selection tool. If you use CTRL with main selection tool it will change mode to select by fully enclosing (Corel style)

You can do diagonal selection in Flexi. Hold down the CTRL key as you drag, and it will drag out a diagonal line. Once you get the angle you like release the CTRL key and continue to drag to define the 2nd dimension.

This only works if you use the path selection tool. If you use CTRL with main selection tool it will change mode to select by fully enclosing (Corel style)

AKA Point Selection tool. Cool, didn't know that great for selecting a series of points.

Gene@mpls

Thank you Matthew. This was another thing that I have wanted to ask about for years- I was needing it the other day and took the time to post. Gene