• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it possible to use LAN cable to rip print files on Mimaki Cjv150?

Pedro Furtado

I have a Mimaki CJV150-130 from which the USB port has burned. Now I only have the port via LAN, but I can't make the softwer recognize this port. Is there any way to print on this machine via lan?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no way unfortunately. You can get a USB Ethernet hub and that allows you to network the printer but it requires use of the USB port. It sounds ridiculous but the Ethernet port is not able to receive print data.

netsol

we don't do that type of repair, but shouldn't someone like macmedia be able to repair the board? diagnosis should be straightforward & most usb chips are industry standard

Pedro Furtado

There is no way unfortunately. You can get a USB Ethernet hub and that allows you to network the printer but it requires use of the USB port. It sounds ridiculous but the Ethernet port is not able to receive print data.
Heck, I got to talk to a mimaki technician and he told me that only the newest machines would get that kind of connection. He told me that maybe some other kind of softwere could work out but I tried several and none gave it a go. I think I'll have to fix the board anyway ...

Pedro Furtado

we don't do that type of repair, but shouldn't someone like macmedia be able to repair the board? diagnosis should be straightforward & most usb chips are industry standard
We have how to repair the card but we want some backup option since the machine is not operating :(