Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Software Help Is it possible to use LAN cable to rip print files on Mimaki Cjv150?

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Pedro Furtado, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Pedro Furtado

Pedro Furtado New Member

Mar 24, 2017
    São Paulo
    I have a Mimaki CJV150-130 from which the USB port has burned. Now I only have the port via LAN, but I can't make the softwer recognize this port. Is there any way to print on this machine via lan?

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    There is no way unfortunately. You can get a USB Ethernet hub and that allows you to network the printer but it requires use of the USB port. It sounds ridiculous but the Ethernet port is not able to receive print data.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Which software/rip are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  4. netsol

netsol Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj
    we don't do that type of repair, but shouldn't someone like macmedia be able to repair the board? diagnosis should be straightforward & most usb chips are industry standard

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pedro Furtado

Pedro Furtado New Member

Mar 24, 2017
    São Paulo
    Heck, I got to talk to a mimaki technician and he told me that only the newest machines would get that kind of connection. He told me that maybe some other kind of softwere could work out but I tried several and none gave it a go. I think I'll have to fix the board anyway ...

6. Pedro Furtado

Pedro Furtado New Member

Mar 24, 2017
    São Paulo
    I use Rasterlink 6

7. Pedro Furtado

Pedro Furtado New Member

Mar 24, 2017
    São Paulo
    We have how to repair the card but we want some backup option since the machine is not operating :(