• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it time for a new black head?

corey_deuser

Black head started acting up on me today in my Roland XC 540 Pro III. Replaced the cap top and didn’t seem to fix the issue does anyone believe it could be a new head?

Attachments

• 113FC812-2827-4E82-8B6C-D30EF74EC46A.jpeg
    113FC812-2827-4E82-8B6C-D30EF74EC46A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 310

Terry01

You look to have a blocked channel,or no ink getting to that channel.. Change damper and suck some ink through it or alternatively flush that head.

shoxite

Use a syringe and suck the ink through the damper. It's one channel thats not working. That means either 1 channel is completely dry on that head or the damper is not getting its ink. Sometimes the black seal at the bottom of the damper is a bit loose and not tight, which causes the damper to just dry the ink or doesn't let the ink get sucked probably into the print head. I have a xc-540 too.

corey_deuser

Use a syringe and suck the ink through the damper. It's one channel thats not working. That means either 1 channel is completely dry on that head or the damper is not getting its ink. Sometimes the black seal at the bottom of the damper is a bit loose and not tight, which causes the damper to just dry the ink or doesn't let the ink get sucked probably into the print head. I have a xc-540 too.

Do you think there could be a crack on carriage on the head? I used and syringe last night and was able to pull ink through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corey_deuser

Thanks to all the advice and tips! Turns out it’s been D all of the above everything was replaced and working perfectly of course I did each suggestion until the problem was addressed! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk