• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it too risky to buy SP540 that doesn't print?

hoppers

Your Local Roland rep can def get you the VW software if you provide the serial and dont BS them.

I think the price is a bit high, esp if heads are needed. I hope not though and if a good cleaning can get it to work, you did get a good deal...its a gamble, but good luck!

-hoppers

rwsignguy

we have an sp540 and it maybe the print head fuse on the board. if the head runs out f ink or something along that line the fuse will blow. 3.00 fuse from roland and a steeadt soldering and and were off again. you can also pull the ink through the head going through the capping station. not sure id that will help, but we had to learn on the fly as well.

Mattc

After I install 4 cleaning cartridges, I tried power cleaning a couple of times but still not printing. One of the 4 tube still has air bubble in it and doesn't seem like moving.
Can someone tell me how to flush these dried up line with air bubble in it? Thank you!

J Hill Designs

I got a 64" full solvent printer for cheap - lines were dried solid - 2 days of wetting the clogs with cleaning solution, and slowly working the clogs out (had to take all lines off machine) I got it working...if the lines are clogged solid, it will still work, just alot of work - on a side note, the heads were still ok

J Hill Designs

kinda - remove all tubes, inject solvent, work 'em with fingers till they pop out - I swear I got like 15" of clog out of each tube

JET

Cleaning

I wouldn't be using the power cleaning unless you want to replace the heads. It will put a lot of pressure on the pump and heads. You need to get a few syringes. Fill them with cleangn fluid and try cleaning the lines.

I'll bet all the lines are clogged. Start from the back and work forward. Workl on the heads last so you don't jam any more crap into them. It would be best just to replace the tubing going to the cartridges and the heads, pump etc. but you can try cleaning them to save some money.

Disconnect the lines under the capping station. Try to pushing fluid to the drain bottle first. If the lines are clogged run a small wire down them with cleanignfluid. Careful not to puncture the tubing. Once that is cleard do the same to the rubber caps for eeach head.

Then disconnect the tubing for the heads. Try pulling ink to the heads, If you get ink from each one go to the last step. If they are clogged dothe samethink with a wire. Those are real long so they may have to be replaced unless you try soaking them. That may not work though. Once you have the feed lines and drain lines clogged you can work on the dampers and heads.

The first step would be to locate the heads to the right and try to pull ink with the syringe from each cap. You need to have a good seal to do this or you will hear it leak. Replace the rubbers if they are leaking. All the time watch to see if the dampers fills with ink. You can squeeze one feed line to the damper to pull more on the other if only one is clogged.

Now plug the drain lines and fill the capping station with cleaning fluid. Put the heads in the closed position and let soak overnight. Try to pull ink with the syringe the next day. Make sure you don't push ink into the heads or you may push in dried particles.

If all the lines are clean the last resort is to remove the heads and soak them in a jar overnight. Then fill an syringe with cleaning fluid and blow through them. They should spray evenly out all the nozzles.

Once you can pull ink through the heads the machien shouldwork. Dopa normal cleaning and test print.

Remember when ever you disconnect any lines or tubes put a plug in so they don't get air in them and dry out even more.

Get some plastic gloves and cover the floor with newspaper or you will have a mess. Get a roll of paper towels but don't use them on the machine or the particles will end up in the heads. Don't even touch the heads surface with anything even the swabs. Only use the special swabs to clean the capping station and wipers.

Good Luck

Mattc

I saw black, magenta, yellow dampers filled with ink, but only cyan was empty. Cyan tube was the only one that has air bubble in it. I tried pull of cyan tube from damper, and now even more air went into the line.:frustrated:
So, I put it back. Since other three dampers are filled with ink, what would be the problem with those three? Also, how can I take air out of cyan tube? I am kinda person who just take apart everthing but it is a little bit scary since it is huge, and expensive.:covereyes:

trimitbyrich

I bought 2 used ones and have had to do quite a few maintenance things myself on them, they are really not all that complicated to fix yourself especially if you have good tech support to tell you how to change everything out yourself. If I found one for 4,ooo and had to change lines nd heads I would jump on it without hesitation. You will be suprised how easy it really is.